Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Urge

Here's a poem that I wrote awhile ago that describes perfectly what i'm feeling at the moment ... one thing y'all should know about me is that I am a cutter ... I cut to cope ... and I'm not going to apologize if any of you have a problem with it ... that's just the way life goes ...

The Urge
There is an urge
Which courses through my veins,
And to release my emotions,
It's worth the pain.

I feel myself slipping again
Into the pit of chaos and despair,
I reach out for help
But no one is there.

Farther I fall,
The tide pulls me down,
I've nearly lost hope,
But I'm afraid to drown.

It's then i reach
For my only friend
Who's always there,
And I catch myself before the end.

Then I watch
and my emotions calm,
as the red river flows
hot and sticky down my arm.

The rage within is gone,
For now. Then
It lies dormant,
waiting, until again when,

There is an urge,
which courses through my veins,
and to release my emotions
it's worth the pain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 AM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home