Monday, December 19, 2005

Alone

Here's another one of my poems ... in fact I wrote it today ...

Alone

All alone in the corner,
The one that no one sees.
Everyone walks by
The kid in the corner
Without noticing me.

The pain may not be visible,
And the scars, hidden underneath my clothes,
But if you look hard enough
How hurt I feel is as plain as day.

I watch as everyone walks by
Too absorbed in their own thoughts to see me.
Once in awhile someone stops
And tries to help me.

I'm still here in my corner,
And I'm grateful to those who help,
But if you offer me your hand
It will take a lot for me to accept it.

I have been hurt by others before
And the world out there scares me.
Forgive me if I hesitate.
Will you try to protect me?

Some days I feel childish,
So alone and afraid,
But if I take your hand
I know I won’t be so scared.

No longer will I be
All alone in the corner,
The one that no one sees,
All because you walked by
And noticed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home