Sunday, January 08, 2006

Another of My Poems

Broken Wings

Looking at the floor and
Tears
Well up in my eyes.
I have clipped
My own
Wings with a tiny
Razor blade.
The feathers lie
Tattered
At my feet. And
Blood
Is dripping like
Red tears,
Expressing a
Hurt
That no words can.
I hate this
Feeling,
Alone and
Unable to fly
Slowly I gather up
My broken wings
And the pieces of my
Shattered heart.
I tape it
Back together.
But I know it will
Never be the same. The
Scars
Will last forever,
Even if to others
they seem to fade.
I look in the
Mirror
And wonder,
How could anyone
Love me with my
Broken wings?

2 Comments:

Blogger unsaid said...

Well that poem was just beautiful! It was honest and vulnerable.

Keep writing!

9:05 PM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't owe anything to anyone,
But don't take your life,
Cause it's all that you've got,
You'd be better off just up and leaving,
If you don't think they will stop,
and when you wake up,
Everythings going to be fine,
I guarantee you'll wake in a better place,
In a better time,
So you're tired of living, and you feel like you might give in,
Well don't,
It's not your time.

9:37 PM, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home