Monday, January 02, 2006

Paint Brush ~ Bettie B. Youngs

Here's a poem i found in one of those chicken soup books ... it's probably one of my favourites and it's how i feel almost all the time ... there are very, very few people who actually get to see the real me...

Paint Brush
By Bettie B. Youngs

I keep my paint brush with me
Whereever I may go,
In case I need to cover up
So the real me doesn't show.
I'm so afraid to show you me,
Afraid of you'll do - that
You might laugh or say mean things.
I'm afraid I might lose you.

I'd like to remove all my paint coats
To show you the real, true me,
But I want you to try and understand,
I need you to accept what you see.
So if you'll be patient and close your eyes,
I'll strip off all my coats real slow.
Please understand how much it hurts
To let the real me show.

Now all my coats are stripped off.
I feel naked, bare, and cold,
And if you still love me with all that you see,
You are my friend, pure as gold.
I need to save my paintbrush, though,
And hold it in my hand,
I want to keep it handy
In case somebody doesn't understand.
So please protect me, my dear friend
And thanks for loving me true,
But please let me keep my paint brush with me
Until I love me too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i love your poems! If you have msn, you should try adding me, i have alot of really great one too! i think youd find our stuff alike!!!
Becky
rainbo_slinky@hotmail.com

7:26 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I love this poem and also discovered it in Chicken Soup. It discribes me too- very few people know "me" they just think they do.

7:35 PM, January 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite poem , I'm in foster care and it has been very hard for me, I'm tryin to let everyobe see the real me but at times it can be quite hard and this poem in a way gives me guidance and lets me know i can make it.

4:10 PM, January 06, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I would like to subscribe for this
weblog to get hottest updates, therefore where can i do it please help.



my web site - binary forex options ()

12:40 PM, June 10, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice idea, article is pleasant,
thats why i have read it completely

Visit my homepage binary options trading strategies

12:47 PM, June 10, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home