Thursday, January 19, 2006

Poems, Poems, Poems....

Yeah lately I've been writing a lot so here are some of the better ones....

The Mask

I've worked so hard
To create this mask.
I was so content
In hiding behind it
I forgot to look
For it's flaws first.
This isn't the image
I want the world
To see.
The image was
Grotesque ... and I made it.
People judged me by that image
And I would not let
Them close enough
To see me for who I am.
Everyone was afraid of what they saw;
Even I was afraid of it.
Today I smashed
The fragile mask
To make a new start.
Now I'm standing here,
Exposed and afraid ...
But not alone.


And this one doesn't have a title ...

On the outside I'm bleeding
Because on the inside I'm screaming.
It has helped me to vent
But now I find solace in a pen...
To use words
And not wounds
Is something new to me.
It's liberating,
No longer am I chained to a blade,
Nor do I have to hate what I do.
On the outside I bled
Because I was screaming inside my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home