Sunday, January 22, 2006

My War

This battlefield
Is no different than any other,
And these wounds
This war has caused may never be healed.

The throbbing pain
And the blood
that can't be washed away
By any amount of rain.

But I have to survive
I don't want to let myself down
because after this is over
I'll be free and able to thrive.

Constantly aware;
Always looking
For the next obstacle.
My enemy is everywhere.

I know this enemy all too well,
It hides,
And waits
For just the right moment to make my life hell.

The weapons it uses
Are fearsome
And painful,
They'll leave you bloody and covered in bruises.

These scars that I wear
Caused me pain,
But I'm still here,
It's my resilience that they declare.

In the news, stories of this war you won't find.
I'm fighting
Against myself
And the battlefield is my own mind.

I am going to win.
A couple battles might be lost,
But I will make it through,
And the record of my war will remain on my skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home